How to share a network connection on Ubuntu Karmic Koala?
- Right-click the network manager applet. Click on Edit connections.
- Select the connection you want to edit. In my case this is "Auto eth0"
- Go to the "IPv4 Settings" tab and select the method: Shared to other computers. Click "Apply: and close the Edit connections menu.
- On the PS3, under "Network Settings" choose "Internet Connection Settings".
- Select "Easy" and let the PS3 set everything to automatic. You can set the specifics if you want, but then you probably won't be reading this :p
- Save the settings, and you're done!